Sound-alike look-alike drug (SALAD) errors have occurred in maternity care with serious or extreme consequences. If a prostaglandin analogue e.g. misoprostol or dinoprostone, is used in error during pregnancy, serious patient harm including preterm delivery and foetal/neonatal death may occur.
- IMSN Medication Safety Bulletin & other published material
- Building a Medication Safety Programme in a Hospital in Ireland: Fundamental Steps
- Lithium-Prescribing & Monitoring (Best Practice Guidelines and Patient Information)
- Direct Oral Anticoagulants (DOACs) (Safety Alert & Patient Resources)
- Electronic transmission of prescriptions: IMSN Position Paper