The US Institute for Safe Medication Practices considers insulin to be one of the top 5 ‘high-alert’ medications i.e. drugs that bear a heightened risk of causing significant patient harm when they are used in error.
- Lithium-Prescribing & Monitoring (Best Practice Guidelines and Patient Information)
- IMSN Medication Safety Bulletin & other published material
- Direct Oral Anticoagulants (DOACs) (Safety Alert & Patient Resources)
- Electronic transmission of prescriptions: IMSN Position Paper
- Methotrexate (once weekly): Safety alert