Serious allergic and anaphylactic reactions can occur when known drug allergens are prescribed, dispensed and administered to patients in hospitals and the community. This harm is preventable. This document outlines how risks can be reduced.
- IMSN Medication Safety Bulletin & other published material
- Building a Medication Safety Programme in a Hospital in Ireland: Fundamental Steps
- Lithium-Prescribing & Monitoring (Best Practice Guidelines and Patient Information)
- Direct Oral Anticoagulants (DOACs) (Safety Alert & Patient Resources)
- Electronic transmission of prescriptions: IMSN Position Paper